Beautiful Bitch's Broccoli Soup
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet Maui onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 small to medium carrots, cubed
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped (optional)
- 3 - 4 good sized Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 large heads of beautiful broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 2 cups vegetable broth (go with Better Than Bouillon!)
- 2 cups soy milk (unsweetened)
- 3 - 6 tbsp (or more if you like!) nutritional yeast (damn this stuff is good!)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat stock pot over medium high heat for 1 - 2 minutes. Turn heat down to medium & heat oil in pot.
2. Add onions, carrots & celery, if using, & saute until soft & translucent, about 5 - 7 minutes, keeping a close eye they get soft not brown. Add garlic & saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. (Getting tired of similar directions for every meal?! haha)
3. Throw in Yukons & saute for a few minutes along with other veggies.
4. Pour soy milk & stock in with veggies & bring to a low boil, not raging (Add soy milk slowly & stir it as you pour so it doesn't "curdle"), then turn heat to low & simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are nice & soft.
6. Add nutritional yeast & incorporate well. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Yum!
This soup is INSANE! It should be illegal!
This is a great & lovely vegan appetizer to surprise your non-vegan friends - they will NEVER know it's vegan - the potatoes are so damn creamy! I love surprising people with this one!!
Here's Kingston shoving the potatoes in his face mid-bite - no joke, he ate 6 of them in less than 5 minutes! & he is typically a very slow eater! He cleaned his plate & asked me for more - I told him, EAT YOUR SOUP! Haha kids are awesome